The key driver behind the BARKE® rudder is its innovative and sophisticated progressive high-lift design, offering unsurpassed manoevring and course keeping performance as well as smooth operational comfort.
The BARKE® rudder is a result of intensive research and years of experience in the design and construction of ship equipment. A well shaped leading edge and vane elements ensure excellent steering and manoeuvring for vessels operating in the medium-speed range.
The BARKE® Rudder can be delivered with Van der Velden's innovative Asymmetric Rudder Technology. .
- Superior manoeuvring performance
- Excellent course-keeping performance
- Noice and vibration free operation
- Cavitation reduced to an absolute minimum
- Fail-safe due to linkage overhead protection
- Low fuel consumption
- High propulsion efficiency
- Enclosed linkage, in grease filled box
- 45º rudder angle, 110º flap angle
Mine countermeasure vessels, oceanographic and fishing research vessels, passenger vessels, luxury yachts, commercial vessels, dredgers. BARKE® Rudders are very suitable for Dynamic Positioning applications.
BARKE® Rudder Leaflet